The egg is a very versatile food not only in the kitchen to prepare a multitude of recipes, but also in the world of beauty. Very popular is the use of the egg yolk for its nutritional power in many natural masks for the skin and for dry hair.
But, do you know the power of the egg whites? They help to cleanse the skin of impurities, as well as regenerate and firm the skin. They smooth fine lines and wrinkles, as well as improve eyelid health and reduce eye bags. You can apply the whipped whites directly on the skin and leave it to act to notice its firming power, a natural botox!
Egg yolk and egg white, two treasures for your skin!
Eggs hide two great treasures for our skin, the yolk and the white, each with different properties:
- The egg yolk: It hides a powerful concentrate of fatty acids, vitamins (vitamin A, E, D, B1, B6, B2, B12, B9 or folic acid) and minerals such as iron, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium.
- Egg white: Composed mainly of water and proteins, it hides one of the proteins with the highest biological value, ovalbumin, rich in essential amino acids. It also contains B vitamins and collagen that improve skin tone and give it elasticity.
How to take advantage of its effect on the skin? The yolk is perfect for nourishing dry skin and the white for cleansing oily skin. Take advantage of its power to make homemade facial masks.
Mask for dry skin: egg yolk + oil.
- How to make egg yolk mask? Just mix in a bowl one egg yolk, a tablespoon of Greek yogurt and a few drops of olive oil.
- What is its effect? The egg yolk mask stands out for its high nourishing power. The fatty acids present in the yolk, together with those of olive oil, are a natural source of hydration to repair dry skin.
Mask for oily skin: egg white + lemon.
- How to make egg white mask? Just whisk an egg white in a bowl and once the foam is formed add a few drops of juice of half a lemon. Stir the mixture with a spoon, and that’s it!
- What is its effect? Egg white masks stand out for their regenerating power. It helps to cleanse the skin and reduces impurities such as acne, blackheads and pimples. Together with lemon, egg white in oily skin acts as an astringent, regulating sebum production. And did you know that it also helps to smooth fine lines and prevent wrinkles?
How to apply egg face masks on the face?
- Wash your face with warm water and a neutral soap.
- Apply the homemade egg mask to your neck and face in gentle circular motions.
- Leave on the skin for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water, gently towel dry and apply your usual moisturizer.